- Just 60cm wide
- Two ovens
- The top oven can be switched between baking and roasting modes
- The bottom oven is for simmering
- The hotplate can be set either to simmering or boiling
- When in boiling mode, the surrounding top plate can be used as an additional area for simmering
- When the hotplate is in simmering mode, this outer area can be used as a warming plate, for example to melt chocolate or soften butter
- Uniquely and usefully, the top plate is made up of two cast-iron half-moon pieces, which can be removed and put in the dishwasher
- The ovens will take 40 minutes to an hour to heat up and the hotplate eight to 11 minutes
- Available in two design styles – traditional and contemporary and in 14 beautfiul colours, including the new Rose and Lemon
- All new AGA heat-storage range cookers come with a five-year parts and one-year labour warranty
The Traditional Design Style
- Traditional dome lid
- AGA badge
- Mounted on wheels for ease of installation
The AGA City60 couldn't be easier to use. With one control knob for the hotplates and another for the ovens, the cooker has been designed with simplicity in mind. The AGA City60's roasting/baking oven can be programmed and can have up to three events programmed per day. They operate using a timer similar to that used for controlling a central heating programmer. This means the ovens can be timed to come on and ready to cook when you are.
How the hotplates work
The hotplate operates using a powerful heating element and can be set to either boiling or simmering mode. Around the outside of the actual hotplate is a further useable cooking area. This area can be used to simmer on when the hotplate is set to boil, and as a warming plate when the hotplate is in simmering mode. When set to boiling mode the hotplate reaches temperature in around 11 minutes from cold, while the simmering mode reaches temperature in around 8 minutes.
How the ovens work
Using the control knob on the far left of the top plate, the top oven can be set to roasting, baking or the off setting. The roasting and baking settings can be achieved from cold in around 40 minutes (best performance 1 hour). From the baking setting, the oven can be switched up to full heat for roasting in again, around 40 minutes. The lower simmering oven can also be up to full temperature in around 40 minutes. The baking setting will provide a 'warm to touch' feel.
- Roast & Simmer
- Bake & Simmer
BP/SP) Boiling/Simmering plate - The boiling plate will rapidly bring water to boil for that quick pasta supper. The simmering plate heat is gentle for delicate sauces and heating milk.
1) Roasting oven - The roasting oven grills, roasts and bakes bread beautifully.
1) Baking oven - A moderate oven for baking cakes and biscuits cooking fish, lasagne or a shepherd's pie. And cooking sweet and savoury dishes together is no problem as the flavours do not mix.
2) Simmering oven - The simmering oven is ideal for slow cooking, allowing flavours to develop and making even the toughest meats tender.
AGA City60 Patent and Design Registrations Pending.
How an AGA cooker works
"On when you need it, off when you don't"
Since the launch of the AGA Total Control in 2011, there have been electric AGA cookers that can be 'on when you need them and off when you don't'. The AGA City60 is the latest addition to the collection of new-generation AGA cookers. The technology used means you are only using energy when you need it, while also enjoying all the benefits of radiant heat cooking.
As the AGA City60's hotplates and ovens can be turned off by the control knob you are reducing the amount of energy used, providing further potential energy savings.
Energy Consumption Test
Rigorous testing of the AGA City60 has been undertaken to assess the energy consumption under different conditions of use. The test is based on the same standard menu used for the AGA Total Control and AGA Dual Control to measure energy consumption. Below is a table, which represents one week of typical usage. The findings from this testing are approximate and will depend on ambient conditions, mains voltage supply and variability in manufacturing assembly.
|Monday||*||*||Left over roast meat, jacket potatoes and vegetables|
|Wednesday||*||*||Homemade pizza and oven chips|
|Thursday||*||*||Pasta with chicken sauce|
|Friday||*||*||Shepherd's pie and vegetables|
|Saturday||Cooked breakfast, kettle||Soup and bread, kettle||Curry, rice and Naan Bread|
Roast beef, roast potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, vegetables. Apple pie and custard
|Cheese on toast, kettle|
The energy consumed over one week for this test was around 35kW. Clearly there are even greater savings to be made if only the top plates are used (during warmer periods of the year for example) with the ovens turned off.
NB – The AGA City60 requires a 32amp connection.
- Höjd (total) 910mm
- Bredd 600mm
- Djup (exkl handtag) 623mm
- Vikt (oemballerad) 223Kg
- Typ av häll Gas
In room venting flue - electric
- Kokplatta Ja
- Sjudningsplatta Ja
- Antal ugnar 2
- Flue type In room venting flue - electric
- Djup (sjudningsugn) 455mm
- Djup (Sjudningsugn) 254mm
- Bredd (Sjudningsugn) 349mm
- Djup (Stekugn/Bakugn) 455mm
- Höjd (Stekugn/Bakugn) 254mm
- Bredd (Stekugn/Bakugn) 349mm